Currently, the dominant trend in SEO is ‘broad SEO’, i.e. focused on ensuring the greatest possible visibility of the website, which the SEO specialist is working on. We have already discussed the number of phrases in SEO contracts here. In this post, we discussed the issue of the minimum – in our opinion – the number of keywords for which a website should be positioned so as to be able to feel the positive effects of SEO, as well as the relationship between the size of the page, the offer and the keywords for which the site is positioned. We also showed whether “SEO without limits” is possible. After a few months from the publication of this text and conversations with our clients to whom we sent this entry, we feel that it is worth explaining a few more issues related to the size of the positioning agreement, with particular emphasis on keyword optimization.
Website optimization and optimization for keywords
Website optimization differs from keyword optimization. Performing optimization of the website, we take actions that are aimed at eliminating errors affecting the entire website, such as (examples of relatively common problems):
– website duplicate
– duplicate home page,
– duplicate subpages,
– difficulties in indexing the page (modifications in the robots.txt file, meta robots, canonicals, etc.),
– sitemap.xml file is missing or the situation where the file is, but requires corrections,
– unfriendly subpage addresses,
– incorrect use of Hx headers,
– no nofollow in outbound links,
– no alt descriptions for graphics on the page.
Also problems related to the speed of displaying a website or problems with the mobile version affect the website globally, although they affect positioning. Website optimization aims to increase its overall “quality result” and can have a positive impact on the positioning process; however, it is something other than optimization for specific keywords. Of course, this overall website optimization affects the visibility of the website – a better website is a way for robots to visit and index it better. However, these are not actions that are precisely targeted at specific keywords, which our customers particularly care for and for this reason they decided to include them in the positioning agreement. Activities that are directly aimed at optimizing the website for specific keywords can be considered activities carried out within the website such as (examples of popular activities):
– meta title optimization on subpages related to keywords,
– meta description optimization on subpages related to keywords,
– introduction to subpages associated with keywords of optimized and unique content,
– implementation of Hx headers using keywords,
– running a blog and placing content related to key categories and points of the offer on the client (although proper running of the blog is also an activity strengthening the entire website),
– internal linking based on blog entries,
– entering keywords to the URLs of selected subpages thematically related to these keywords (which is not synonymous with making them friendly, because the subpage can have a friendly URL without using keywords),
– entering keywords in selected menu items (changing the name),
– creating new subpages dedicated to those points from the offer that are related to keywords,
– entering the address of the registered office, stationary store, subdivision, etc. on the website (this is important in the context of positioning for specific cities). Also, linking a website can be targeted more to strengthen specific subpages and related phrases or the entire website.
What does website optimization give?
Its effect is overall strengthening of the website and elimination of errors that hinder the positioning process. As a result, the visibility of the website may increase – overall, for any phrases that Google’s web robots can associate with a specific website. These phrases can be keywords for which we want to position our website, related phrases – so-called “Long tails”, but also for example personal details of company bosses, often appearing in the content of the page characteristic phrases, etc.
When deciding on positioning done with the help of the optimization of your website alone (without optimization for specific phrases) you should be aware that the impressive visibility results achieved by our website (e.g. over 4,000 phrases related to our website placed in the top 50 – this is the result of Paraphrase- Online.com) are partly the result of associating it with such rather few (to put it mildly) sales slogans. In the case of such optimization, however, you can actually talk about the lack of limits – no one assumes and rigidly sets the maximum number of keywords that can be associated with a given website.
What does optimization do for specific keywords?
In this case, we have activities focused strictly on strengthening specific phrases and those that are quite closely related to them. Illustrating this with an example: if we position our website for the keyword “wooden kitchen furniture in Los Angeles” and the descriptions of products and categories will often show the term “modern” in the context of our offer, there is a good chance that our website will appear quite high in the search results after entering the term “modern wooden kitchen furniture Los Angeles”, despite the fact that the password is not on the list of positioning keywords included in the contract and there are no dedicated activities carried out for them by the positioner. Well-positioned positioning can give us visibility of phrases with “long tails” and provide it even before the main phrases of the contract are in the top 10.
So what is worth betting on?
As you can easily predict – the best solutions are given by combining website optimization with optimization for specific keywords. Both types of optimization work well together and bring the best results. The positioning packages proposed by Paraphrase-Online.com contain information on the number of phrases for which the given website is positioned. In addition to those saved in the package, the total number of passwords that can be found on our website is also increasing.