Devotional articles are a special category of products directly related to the professing of a specific religion. Rosaries, prayer books, paintings and figurines, medals – these are just some of them. Although they are “special” items, their sale is also subject to market law. Therefore, advertising stores with devotional items is also an important issue. If you run a business in this industry, see how to reach out to your customers.
Advertising of a devotional shop: how to run it?
Devotional shops very often operate on a local scale, e.g. at holy places in different regions of the world or in the centers of larger cities. However, more and more people doing business in this way are also moving to the Internet. It is very reasonable, because operating in the field of e-commerce gives you the opportunity to significantly expand your reach and reach buyers from all over the world with your products.
However, the question arises: what should an advertisement for a devotional shop look like? Simply put – just like an e-shop operating in any other industry. Although indeed products in this category reach a very specific group of recipients, they also need to be effectively reached. This is possible by combining two strategies: positioning and active advertising.
It is worth taking a look at these two aspects and see what channels of communication with recipients to choose.
Positioning of the devotional shop
Positioning is a way to increase the visibility of an e-shop – so that its offer is available on the first page of search results for specific phrases. The higher it is, the greater the chance that the customer will choose your offer, not the one presented by the competition.
So the question is: how do you hit really high? The answer is simple: through a skilfully planned and even better implemented SEO strategy. What exactly is she. It consists of many factors, but the key ones are:
– optimizing the website – so that it is as functional as possible, loads quickly and is transparent and understandable (both for users and for Google algorithms),
– adjusting the website to the requirements of mobile devices and ensuring its security,
– adaptation of the site map and URL structure to SEO requirements (including a clear division into categories and text page addresses with phrases),
– meta tags optimization.
Most of all, however, the point is that the website of the devotional shop should contain valuable and substantive texts, which will also be adapted to the requirements related to positioning. When creating them, the following issues are important:
– appropriate length – the more text, the better, as long as it is on the topic,
– proper saturation with key phrases – selected after careful analysis,
– division into h1, h2, h3 and sometimes lower-order headings,
– correct use of internal linking.
And although in theory meeting all these requirements seems quite simple, in practice it is a serious challenge. Therefore, if you want your actions to bring measurable results, it is worth entrusting them to SEO specialists.
How to choose keywords when positioning a devotional shop?
The basic issue is, of course, matching them to the subject of the website – so they must be related to the offered accessories. However, this is not the end of the task facing the positioner. There is competition in the devotional shop industry. Therefore, relying solely on general, basic keywords may not be enough – especially since your customers are often looking for very specific products.
For this reason, it is a good idea to use tools such as Google Trends, Keyword Planner or Senuto or Ubersuggest when searching for key phrases, but also to perform a professional and in-depth analysis. It will show which phrases have high potential and which may be too much of a challenge when positioning. In recent years, the most frequently recommended strategy for stores with a large assortment is long-tail positioning. It means matches to general keywords of side phrases that will increase your search potential. Especially in the times when a large number of searches are conducted by voice, this is a very important solution.
Why is positioning profitable?
SEO activities will benefit your devotional store in the long run – this is the most important benefit to keep in mind. While it may take a while to rank well in search results, it will also be possible for a long time to stay in the top rankings. But be careful! Activities with positioning cannot be limited to a one-time “setting” of the page high in the results. They should be continued – so as to maintain good results, and at the same time obtain equally good results when searching for other phrases.
Advertising a devotional shop in Google Ads – is it worth it?
Positioning is primarily used to build the visibility of the devotional shop. On the other hand, Google Ads tools allow for active promotion and reaching recipients with direct message. The huge advantages of this system are:
– the ability to precisely reach people potentially interested in buying devotional items – in the Google campaign you can define various demographic characteristics of the desired recipients, as well as their interests,
– thorough monitoring of campaign results and reliable settlement of their effects – you only pay for impressions / clicks, and therefore for effectiveness,
– high level of return on investment, provided that the campaign is set up correctly,
– the possibility of achieving long and short-term goals – also those related to quick promotional campaigns.
That is why advertising a devotional store based on Google Ads tools is also a good solution.
What does an ad for a devotional store look like in Google Ads?
Devotional stores usually have a very wide range of products. That is why it is worth conducting advertising in Google Ads using several channels – so as to obtain a synergy effect.
– The most popular and most frequently used form of promotion is the one with the use of sponsored links. These are links to the store’s offer, which are displayed above the standard Google search results. Despite the fact that such links are marked as advertising, they are of great interest to customers and their use may help to increase traffic to the site and general interest in the offer.
– A good advertisement for a devotional shop is also the one in the PLA model, i.e. in the Google Shopping model. How it’s working? Well, after the user enters a password related to a product belonging to your assortment, he will see not only standard search results, but also boxes with specific offers, enriched photos and prices. It’s a simple way to convert!
– Contextual advertising on external websites, displayed in the Google Display Network system, will also work very well. It will appear on banners on portals visited by your potential customers. Its very interesting version is remarketing advertising, which is targeted at people who have already visited your store but have not made a purchase yet.
It is worth remembering that when choosing a promotion method as part of Google Ads tools, you do not have to decide on only one. The best results will be achieved by advertising a devotional shop, which will be conducted through several channels at the same time. Transparent reports will show how the individual messages worked, who they were sent to and what is the return on investment in advertising, and only then will you be able to decide on the most effective channels.
Advertising of the devotional shop on social media
Positioning and Google – there is no need to end with these solutions. Social media also has a huge potential for stores selling devotional articles. It is especially about Facebook, which is the most widely used and at the same time the most universal solution.
When and how to reach the audience with an ad on Facebook?
In the case of stores with devotional items, it is worth thinking primarily about product campaigns related to specific seasons.
Remarketing advertising will also work well in social media – it works in a similar way as in the Google Ads system.
What about other social media? Is there a place to promote a devotional shop? In the aforementioned remarketing system – yes, yes. However, an image-related communication would have to be very well thought out. It is worth consulting with experts.
As you can see, a devotional shop can be advertised in different ways and on a variety of platforms. It’s definitely worth it, because the competition has reached this sector of the market as well. So if you have extraordinary products, be sure to show them off. You need help? Report to us. We will suggest how to run an effective campaign.